Lagos Building Collapse: Rescue Operations Concluded – State Govt

5338905_wreckage_jpeg7f1728ced27fbb07b56ea359817dc08b

The Lagos State Government has said that rescue operations following the building collapse in the Ita Faji area of the state, have been concluded.

The government said this via its Twitter handle on Thursday, after emergency officials said they had reached ‘ground zero’ on the site, meaning that all the rubbles had been excavated and there was no evidence that anyone was still trapped.

“The exercise was declared concluded after the emergency officials reached the “Grand Zero” of the site of the incident (meaning that all the rubbles/debris had been evacuated and there is no evidence that anyone is still trapped)”, the tweet reads.

According to the government, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) and other relevant stakeholders including the Ministry of Health are now intensifying efforts to save the lives of the rescued victims.

At least 24 victims, mostly children, have so far been rescued from the rubbles of the three-story building which caved in on Wednesday.

The children were mostly pupils of a primary school located on the top floor of the building.

Although nine persons had been confirmed dead as at Wedenesday, the government says it is yet to have any authentic figures of the number of casualties.

About The Author

A writer, communicator, Graduate of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism and a Christian.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

loading...